Serving Indiana Since 1994

Pursuing Custody Decisions That Support Your Child

At Bob Zoss Law Office, LLC, we understand that as a parent going through a divorce, your child’s welfare is of utmost importance. Located in Evansville, our attorneys represent parents throughout Vanderburgh County, Warrick County, Posey County, Gibson County and Knox County in child custody negotiations and court hearings. Our aim is to ensure that your child continues to receive the support they need to thrive after a divorce.

Understanding Physical And Legal Custody

Legal custody confers the right to make major decisions on how your child is raised, focusing on their education, health care and religious upbringing. Physical custody determines where the child lives and involves creating a schedule that allows for visitation and parenting time with both parents.

Indiana courts make decisions on legal and physical custody based on the best interests of the child. The judge will consider a number of factors when deciding how to award custody, including:

  • The child’s relationship and interaction with parents, siblings and others who would affect their best interests
  • The adjustment of the child to their environment, including school, home and community
  • The health of everyone involved, both physical and mental
  • Instances of domestic violence or abuse
  • The wishes of both parents, as well as those of a child over 14 years of age

A judge will weigh these considerations based on the potential impact on the child, whose safety and security are paramount. We can help you present a strong case to the court and secure a custody agreement that is in the best interest of you and your child.

Secure Your Child’s Future – Contact Us Today

Making the right custody arrangements is vital to your child’s safety, security and happiness. Our experienced child custody lawyers will do everything possible to secure an agreement that supports your child’s development and sets them up for a bright future. Contact us via our website to arrange an appointment or call 812-266-9609 to discuss your case.